My Sanity: Zeros being removed when code run?

Mr Denove

Please help before the long sleeved jacket comes. A user updates a file and it shows a timestamp of 2022 and the zeros are removed from part of the file.
There is code to remove zeros but only in one column which is far removed from where the data goes missing.
I did get them to insert =Now() into a blank excel and it showed the correct date (same as in the timestamp).

If i run the update everything is fine and correct.

Ive never seen this before, can anyone please explain why the other person is experiencing this types of errors?
Thank you in advance.
Mr D

Sorry I should be clear here, its not the code that has caused the issue. I noticed the issue and have been trying to understand why it has happened to one user when there are 24 other similar files being used with the same code, criteria etc and as far as Im aware they have not experienced this issue. It is the full data set this has happened to , 134 columns up to 4-500 rows of data all affected by this, but only for this user.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Did you try my suggestion?

Upvote 0
In that case I'm not sure.
I was thinking that the user may have done a manual search/replace & set "Within" to Workbook, which would account for the problem your getting.

Upvote 0
The first 6 columns along with any columns with formula are all locked as trying to restrict human error as much as possible. I have found out since the last update that MS security updates that happen each day can have issues with saving large files (in excess of 5MB from what ive experienced) so wondering what else these updates might be doing or have done. Other than that its a mystery to me, ive never seen it happen before and hopefully never will again as the rebuild took 3 hours.

Upvote 0
Just to add that there are a load of issues with the last Windows update so that might well be an issue (especially if you do manual updates).
You can read through the issues that Microsoft have stated below...

Not saying that it is the issue but there might be something in there.

Upvote 0
Will need to check through the list. Ive now got another user affected by the same issue. Given the code for replace states if a 0 then make it blank i cant fathom why 2020 would become 2022?
Anyway ive disabled find and replace in some of the files as a check to see if it still happens. If so then def not the code.
Will keep informed.

Upvote 0
I could understand if the date became earlier, but not later.
As 6th March is 43906
Remove the 0 & you get
4396 = 13th Jan 1912

Upvote 0
I guess there is some logic being applied as a general rule across the data.
What stumps me the most is the user runs it and the timestamp is 2022. I run it and ive had someone else run it and we both get 2020.
Im on office 2016 the user is on 2010 and my independent tester is on 2010.
Possibly unrelated is another file i have which is affected by the ms security updates ie frequently fails to save as over 5MB. When i open it each time i have to reset the formula to automatic. Im the only user with read write access.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelMA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back