My Sanity: Zeros being removed when code run?

Mr Denove

Please help before the long sleeved jacket comes. A user updates a file and it shows a timestamp of 2022 and the zeros are removed from part of the file.
There is code to remove zeros but only in one column which is far removed from where the data goes missing.
I did get them to insert =Now() into a blank excel and it showed the correct date (same as in the timestamp).

If i run the update everything is fine and correct.

Ive never seen this before, can anyone please explain why the other person is experiencing this types of errors?
Thank you in advance.
Mr D

No given how erratic our systems are i decided against it. And the file in question only contains vba to stop ctrl d in the sheet which i dont always run.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Just wondered as I had the same issue since the update and had to reset the calculation on the Personal workbook (as it was the first workbook opening), but as you don't have one then that is no help to you.

Upvote 0
Happened at the same time as the Windows 10 update so I assume it is related. I haven't had any other issues.
Normally the calculation settings are dictated by the first workbook opened in a session which is why I needed to reset the personal workbook.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back