N/A in Linked Formula

Rob33

I have a Formula where i want to link to 2 cells - one may have a N/A# my formula is:

=IF(+'[ABC.xls]sheet1'!$X$28="#n/a",+'[ABC.xls]sheet1'!$T$28,'[ABC.xls]sheet1'!$X$28)

my problem is that i can't get the formula to return a result due to the #n/a?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

ANY IDEAS??

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.

Aladin Akyurek

MrExcel MVP
Rob33 said:
I have a Formula where i want to link to 2 cells - one may have a N/A# my formula is:

=IF(+'[ABC.xls]sheet1'!$X$28="#n/a",+'[ABC.xls]sheet1'!$T$28,'[ABC.xls]sheet1'!$X$28)

my problem is that i can't get the formula to return a result due to the #n/a?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

ANY IDEAS??

It's unclear what you want when '[ABC.xls]sheet1'!$X$28 houses an #N/A. Care to state your problem in words?

Rob33

#n/a in formula

I have a sheet that links to the "ABC" worksheet - Column X usually has a value in it but sometimes it returns a #n/a in column X - when it does this i need the formula to then read the value in column T

Aladin Akyurek

MrExcel MVP
Re: #n/a in formula

Rob33 said:
I have a sheet that links to the "ABC" worksheet - Column X usually has a value in it but sometimes it returns a #n/a in column X - when it does this i need the formula to then read the value in column T

=IF(ISNA('[ABC.xls]sheet1'!$X$28),'[ABC.xls]sheet1'!$T$28,'[ABC.xls]sheet1'!$X$28)

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark84