Need Help On Index Match Formula

ranjith2523

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Hi Friends,

I am trying to perform a validation and again, I need experts to help with Index Match Formula. Let me clearly explain the steps.

In a workbook, I have a sheet called "ZVREP76_PPC" in which I have data as mentioned below.

Column A (Blank)Material _ Column BColumn C (Blank)MATERIAL TYPE_ Column DPLANT_ Column ESALES ORG_ Column FDIVISION_ Column G
P26865-B21FERT
8900​
JP00SI
P26865-B21FERTE500KR00SI
P26865-B21FERTCJ00KZ00SI
P26865-B21FERTBZ00LT00SI
P26865-B21FERTJM00LU30SI

I have another sheet as "PPC_Val" in which I am trying to apply the validation formula.

Material _ COL ADescription _ COL BDiv/PL _ COL CMG4_ COL DSupport Prod. Line_ COL EBusiness Code_ COL FProd. Cat_ COL GMaterial_ COL HS.Org_ COL IPlant_ COL JDiv/PL_ COL KMG4_ COL L
P26865-B21SIHW300J3M8JPassedPassedPassedPassed

Here I need to apply the formula in Column L, I have tried something like "=INDEX(A:A&ZVREP76_PPC!B:B,MATCH(PPC_Val!C2,ZVREP76_PPC!B:G,0))" but it doesn't work for me.

Criteria

The expectation is from the sheet "PPC_Val" we need to ensure that the Material "P26865-B21" and the Div/PL "SI" is matched in the sheet "ZVREP76_PPC" from Column B and Column G.

Condition: In ZVREP76_PPC tab If the combination of "P26865-B21" and "SI" should match as per "PPC_Val" tab Column A and Column C. Also, we need to ensure that in "ZVREP76_PPC" tab that the combination of "P26865-B21" and "SI" is repeated for 71 times.

If the above condition is met then the result should appear as "Passed" in Cell K2 in "PPC_Val" tab or else it should be failed.

Example
  1. In PPC_Val tab CELL C2, if the value is XX then the result should be failed since in ZVREP76_PPC Tab the value exists as SI for the Material P26865-B21.
  2. In PPC_Val tab CELL C2, if the value is SI and in ZVREP76_PPC Tab the value exists as XX under column G for the Material P26865-B21 then it should be Failed.
  3. In PPC_Val tab CELL C2, if the value is SI and in ZVREP76_PPC Tab the value exists as SI under column G for the first 3 lines for rest the value is "XX" for the Material P26865-B21 then it should be Failed.
  4. In PPC_Val tab CELL C2, if the value is SI for the Material P26865-B21 and in Tab ZVREP76_PPC Tab the combination of SI and the Material P26865-B21 is repeated for 70 times instead of 71 times then it should be Failed.
  5. It should be PASSED, if the combination of Material P26865-B21 and Div from SI from "PPC_Val" tab matches in ZVREP76_PPC Tab and repeated for 71 times.

I hope I have clearly explained the requirement and thank you for all your help in advance.

Regards,
Ranjith

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
How about:

=IF(COUNTIFS(ZVREP76_PPC!$B:$B,A2,ZVREP76_PPC!$G:$G,C2)=71,"Passed","Failed")

Simple but powerful.. I thought this needs to be done by Index Match Formula. Now you taught me my thought is incorrect.

This is what i expected. Thank you so much for your quick help here.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HypnoFant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back