Need help to set color for weekend Column

jymoua

On cell A1 = Month, I enter the month in cell A1. The month here will change monthly
On A2:AF2 are reference from A1 but format as weekday and will change according to the month on A1. On A3:AF3 also reference from A1 but format as date and will change according to the month on A1 also. I need macro to color the weekend column from row 2 through row 15 every time I enter a new month in A1. Is this possible? Appreciate for anyone who can help me.

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Hi

If I am understanding your question correctly then I believe you can do this using conditional formatting, and you don't need a macro. Assuming the data in row 2 contains a date value (but is formatted as a weekday) then try this:

Select the range A2:A15, select menu option Format > Conditional Formatting > change 'Cell Value is' to 'Formula Is' > in the right hand box enter the following formula:

=OR(WEEKDAY(A$2)=1,WEEKDAY(A$2)=7)

then click 'Format' > select the format you want > Ok > Ok. Then copy the range A2:A15 and paste special the formats (menu option Edit > Paste Special > Formats > Ok) onto cells B2:AF15. This should set the format for rows 2:15 where the day is Saturday or Sunday to whatever format you selected under the conditional formatting settings.

I trust that helps!
Andrew

Upvote 0
jymoua

You could simplify that Conditional Formatting formula.

Instead of
=OR(WEEKDAY(A$2)=1,WEEKDAY(A$2)=7)

try
=WEEKDAY(A$2,2)>5

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back