Need help with a dynamic named range in Mac Excel 2008

bkaehny

Board Regular
I was working on an Excel 2003 file on a Windows machine, when the person for whom I was making this file told me they were going to use it on their Mac (using the Mac version of Excel 2008). This file has a tab called Data, and on this tab I created a named range called Database. This range is defined with a combination of OFFSET and COUNTA formulas so that as rows are added, the range automatically expands to include those rows.

When this file is opened on a Mac, the range Database still exists, and it is still defined with those dynamic formulas. However, when rows are added to the data, columns that contain formulas do not automatically copy down, and columns that contain list boxes are not automatically copied down. How do I fix this? I need for these formulas and list boxes to automatically copy down to each new record that's created. I'd very much appreciate some help on this. Thank you.

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Bump. I could really use help on this today, if someone has any ideas for me. Would it be better to tie this to some kind of data entry form? I don't have any experience setting that up, but it seems like that could be an alternate solution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back