Need Help!!

HunterN

I know I have asked this question before. But I still can't get it to work.

I need to write this in VBA. Because I am in a custom system that has taken away the menu bars.

What I have is a project sheet that has four columns, the first has the Project Number. What I want is; when the user chooses the MODIFY button I need to allow the the three columns next the the Project Number to be modified BUT not the first column.

I have received advice on how to do it using the Menu Bar, without coding, but this will not work because the user does not have access to the Menu Bar. Any suggestions for VBA code?

Thanks again, Nancy

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Hi Nancy,

By who and when CAN the first column be changed??

Excel 2000; Windows 2000
This message was edited by Jim North on 2002-08-27 06:53

Upvote 0
The project sheet is up as the activesheet. A userform is on top of that which includes buttons for Add, Modify and Delete. If the person is in this they have access to it. So when they press the Modify button they can now modify the right three columns (or at least that is what I want them to be able to do), BUT not the first column.

Nancy

Upvote 0
When the Add button is choosen, a userform appears with four boxes that correspond to the four columns on the sheet they must put something into every box press Ok, and it will be added to the list.

Nancy

Upvote 0
Nancy,

Based on what you are telling me, what they told you in the original post is the start you need. You do need to protect the cells in column A with a password... however you need to be able to turn it off and on depending if you are doing an add or modify. This code will do that:

Activesheet.unprotect "password"

Activesheet.protect "password"

Upvote 0
I have it working now!!!

At the beginning of the program I have a protection module that was protecting the sheet with the project list on it. I had to comment that out and use the code that I got after doing the steps I was given previously.

Anyway it seems to be working now. Thanks
Nancy

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back