Need List C to = values in list A not in List B

Ken Thompson

I can get a list of values in Col A that are in Col B but not the opposite which is what I need.

I need to generate a list of the Values in Col A that do not show up in Col B. Seems simple as can be but I can't do it...

Help Please.

Thank You
-Ken

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

HalfAce

MrExcel MVP
How about something like this in row 1 somewhere and copied down...
Code:
=IF(COUNTIF(B:B,A1)=0,A1,"")
(If that doesn't help then what are you using to get the list from col A that are in col B?)

Hope it helps.

Ken Thompson

I must be doing something wrong. It gives and error saying it creates a circular reference.

Ken Thompson

Oh and I didn't answer your question. Using Advanced Filter on Col A with Col B as criteria. Have tried <> in criteria but must have syntax wrong.

Ken Thompson

Aha! HalfAce, you're Total Ace in my book. It was a circular ref because some dummy put it in A1. I put it in F1 like a rational person would and it works perfect. Thanks So Much!

- Ken

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooseComms

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...