Need sort to exclude blanks

mkmed

Hello,

I am needing help with a sort function. My columns are parts that are populated from another sheet and some orders use 2 - 3 rows and others may use 100. I have manually sorted these for quite awhile.

Now, I want to automate the sort. If I select enough rows to be more than any order will need, I won't allow me to choose largest to smallest. Choosing Z to A works, but it leaves all the blank rows as entries.

Is there a way to make the sort function ignore any blank cells(rows) and collate the data from largest to smallest (Column C) regardless of the quantity?

Thanks for any help.

Mark

Very good guess!!! I didn't realize that mattered, but they all have formulas that are preceeded by if's to keep them blank if their dependent cell is blank. I need this to stay that way. Can we make the sort work with this new info?

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Mark

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Can you make them return 0 instead of blank? Then they would go to the bottom when sorted.

Upvote 0
I could make them say 0, but then when I print it will print out 100+ rows of zeroes on small orders. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Mark

Upvote 0
you can set your sheet to Not Display 0's

tools - options - view
Uncheck "Zero Values"

I'm not 100% sure that will effect the printing, but i think it would..

Upvote 0
Jonmo,

I would reccomend you for an award I would!!! Thanks for all the great help. I am working on another enhaancement that might be a little over my head also. I will be back!!

Thanks again,
Mark

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayHo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back