Need the Formula to be aligned

adnanmir

Hi Excel Champs,

Can you please help me write this formula properly so all the IF conditions can work properly?

The formula is placed in the Status Tab " =IF(D2="Not Required in Current FY","No Visit Required",IF($A2<>TODAY(),"Needs Scheduled",IF(ISNUMBER(B2),"Work Scheduled ",IF($C2=B2,"Completed",IF($C2<=D2,"Completed Earlier", "Completed with Delay"))))) "

the details of each scenario are mentioned in the pic here

1668054831620.png

Final sheet should look like this please
1668054932644.png

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Not exactly sure what you are after but this might get you part of the way there.
You need to decied what you want if A2 = Today and no other boxes are filled out, it currently returns completed.

Excel Formula:
=IF($D2="Not Required in Current FY","No Visit Required",
       IF(AND($A2<>TODAY(),$B2=""),"Needs Scheduled",
            IF(AND(ISNUMBER($B2),$C2=""),"Work Scheduled ",
                IF($C2=$B2,"Completed",
                    IF($C2<=$B2,"Completed Earlier",
                         "Completed with Delay")))))

Upvote 0
Solution
Thanks, Alex, For coming back with your feedback, Let me explain if you can help based on that.
Firstly I want to achieve the results in "status" column E based on the information showing up in columns B, C, and D.
The scenario is when I open the file, the formula check for today's date and see if there is any value in Col B as to match against Col A. If there is no Value in it then, immediately it displays Needs Schedule.
Once that is satisfied, let's say I schedule a date for work to happen by assigning a date in col B and once there is data in col B, it displays the status as Work Scheduled.
Once the work is scheduled and done on a specific date in Col C it will evaluate against Col B and displays if it was Completed Earlier" or "Completed with Delay.
Lastly if in Col D there is a statement Not Required in Current FY, it will just display No Visit Required.

This is the key I want to achieve from this formula, I am not sure if I m going correctly or not , surely your help will make it better for me. I m not an expert just an occasional user of excel for work purposes. Looking forward to your support and help.

Please let me know if still my explanation does need more clarification for your to assist.

Upvote 0
There is separate notice board for MS Access, if you want to ask there but I can't see any reason you couldn't do it. You would just use Column/Field names instead of Cell references.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back