Need to create time usage chart based on events that occur - Excel 2K or Open Office

jhallgren

Board Regular
Have CSV file of events that occurred during a year for a home service dept. Each line has date, call type, time of call, time arrived at location, time finished and other fields but those are what's involved here. Times are in 24hr format already.

To get better idea of when calls occur that are causing overtime and peak periods during month/year, wanted to show them in a chart with date as the vertical, and times as horizontal.

I've made a VERY rough partial mockup in image editor below...The red lines are time from call received to arrival, and green from arrival to call finished...obviously on a chart, I'd have gridlines showing but wanted a quick pix to give basic idea of what I need to create.

One possible issue is that a given call may overlap days so would need to show the parts relevant on each day.

I'm not that much of expert in Excel but have done a fair amount of things using my old but trusty W2K vers...i do have Open Office 3.3 available as alternative but mostly use the 2K vers.

I've got vison issues so extensive searching here is somewhat of a problem and not even sure what to look for...so hope someone can give me some pointers...
thanks in advance!
Call-chart-mockup.jpg

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Addendum: wasn't able to 'edit post' but needed to correct something:

Actually, each of the three time fields have a date as well...what I said was first field was not date but the service call nbr instead and showing that also would be nice but isn't required...the type of call is more important.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacob_mcbride

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back