Need Urgent Help Solving SUMIF Formula Issue Requesting urgent help to solve an issue with a SUMIF formula in Excel. I was asked by my manager to put

NEED_EXCEL_HELP_PLS

Office Version
  1. 365
Requesting urgent help to solve an issue with a SUMIF formula in Excel. I was asked by my manager to put together a spreadsheet of data on Friday, to present on Monday, and spending my entire weekend trying to figure this out. This is the last piece I need to have this working, but I’ve search all over Google for people doing the same thing as me, with no luck. If someone can answer how to do this with SUMIF or a different formula, you’ll be a lifesaver. Thank you!

I’m trying to SUM the value each member on a team has to allocate per project. A Primary in phase1 is a value of 2 and a Primary in phase2 is a value of 4. We’re tracking each phase by month, and trying to Sum the overall value of all project in a specific quarter.

Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 1.20.57.png

For example, John is a Primary for the America project, which falls in Q1-2024 (Jan-24, Feb-24, Mar-24). He has no other projects in Q1-2024 and phase 2 for the project is not until Q2-2024 (Apr-24, May-24, Jun-24). So he should have a value of 2 for Q1-2024.

My issue is the formula I’m using is counting each month more than once and adding a value each time (so it’s adding 2 each time the formula sees the month), which is showing John as a value of 6 instead of 2 for Q1-2024. I’d like to have the formula count each month only ONCE when summing the value for a quarter. Is there a way I can do this?

Here is the formula or reference

=SUM(SUMIF(D2:D4,{"*Jan-24*","*Feb-24*","*Mar-24*"},E2:E4)+SUMIF(F2:F4,{"*Jan-24*","*Feb-24*","*Mar-24*"},G2:G4))

Is there a way I can use OR when referencing the criteria? For example:
=SUM(SUMIF(D2:D4,{"*Jan-24*" OR “*Feb-24*" OR”*Mar-24*"},E2:E4)

I’m not very experienced when it comes to Excel and would appreciate any support in figuring this out. Thank you so much for your time and reading this post!

I had a new inspiration today, the formula can be shorter
Cell B17 formula , Drag down and across

=SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$13=$A17)*(--MMULT(N(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(CHOOSE(MOD(INT(COLUMN(A$1)-1),4)+1,{"Jan","Feb","Mar"},{"Apr","May","Jun"},{"Jul","Aug","Sep"},{"Oct","Nov","Dec"})&"-"&23+INT((COLUMN(A$1)-1)/4)+1,$D$2:$D$13))),{1;1;1})>0),$E$2:$E$13)+SUMPRODUCT(($A$2:$A$13=$A17)*(--MMULT(N(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(CHOOSE(MOD(INT(COLUMN(A$1)-1),4)+1,{"Jan","Feb","Mar"},{"Apr","May","Jun"},{"Jul","Aug","Sep"},{"Oct","Nov","Dec"})&"-"&23+INT((COLUMN(A$1)-1)/4)+1,$F$2:$F$13))),{1;1;1})>0),$G$2:$G$13)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back