Need VBA Help to change value in one cell, based on the data in another.....

SecFire

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Good Morning,

I have a spreadsheet I am working on to maximize my time and organize my workflow. Covid has definitely changed the way I have to do things.
I have set the sheet up so that i am using data validation to select key fields from a dropdown. I would like to automatically have the value of the
probability cell change, based on the value of the field in the Status cell.
For example,
if Status in J7 = Target, then Probability should = 10% in U7.

Could anyone assist me with the code I would need to create?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 7

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
If the Status in J7 ="Target" then U7=10%.
What about all the other values for "Status"? What would the cell in column U be equal to if the Status is "Verify" or "Close", etc?

Upvote 0
If the Status in J7 ="Target" then U7=10%.
What about all the other values for "Status"? What would the cell in column U be equal to if the Status is "Verify" or "Close", etc?
Hi. Thanks for asking. The status' and % in the photo are actually representative of how things would be handled for each status. I figured if someone can show me the code for the first one, I could adapt for the additional.

Upvote 0
It is always best to post your actual data because what might work on a sample very often doesn't work on the actual file. It would be easier to help if you could use the XL2BB add-in (icon in the menu) to attach a screenshot (not a picture) of your sheet (it is hard to work with a picture). Better still, you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Explain in detail what you want to do referring to specific cells, rows, columns and sheets using a few examples from your data (de-sensitized if necessary).

Upvote 0
It is always best to post your actual data because what might work on a sample very often doesn't work on the actual file. It would be easier to help if you could use the XL2BB add-in (icon in the menu) to attach a screenshot (not a picture) of your sheet (it is hard to work with a picture). Better still, you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Explain in detail what you want to do referring to specific cells, rows, columns and sheets using a few examples from your data (de-sensitized if necessary).
I have installed it, but everytime I click on the Upload button, i am continually redirected to install the XL2BB again.

Upvote 0
Could you upload a file(de-sensitized if necessary) as I suggested?

Upvote 0
Thanks for that. Now I need to know what percentage corresponds to each status.

Upvote 0
I have installed it, but everytime I click on the Upload button, i am continually redirected to install the XL2BB again.
Once you have selected a range in your sheet on the XL2BB tab click Mini Sheet & then come back to the board & in the reply window hit Ctrl V & it will paste your sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amyap

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back