Nest IF with OR condition

Galena1

So it's been a while since I've done a nested IF statement and things are kinda fuzzy:

I need help creating an IF statement that captures three (3) conditions:

1. If there is a values in either cols D OR E (i.e. 'Completed' and 'Completed (Equivalent')) AND no other columns, then Status in col M = 'All Completed'
2. If there are values in either cols D OR E AND any other column, then Status in col M = 'Some Completed'
3. If there are values in any column EXCEPT cols D OR E then Status in col M = 'None Completed'

Anyone out there got a simple formula?
If Statement 3 cond.PNG

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
When you say "if there are values in ...", do you really mean non-zero values (because all of your examples have values!)?
And should the Grand Total column be excluded from these calculations (as it appears to just be adding the values in columns B-L)?

Upvote 0
Will the cells just have 0 or 1, or can they contain other numbers?

Upvote 0
When you say "if there are values in ...", do you really mean non-zero values (because all of your examples have values!)?
And should the Grand Total column be excluded from these calculations (as it appears to just be adding the values in columns B-L)?
I forgot mention this is a pivot table and I forgot to suppress the null cells and replace with blanks, so you see 0's.
And yeah. I don't care about evaluating the GT column. Just ignore.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this will work with a pivot table, but try
Excel Formula:
=IF(SUM(D2:E2)=0,"None Completed",IF(SUM(B2:C2,F2:K2)>0,"Some Completed","All Completed"))

Upvote 0
So it's been a while since I've done a nested IF statement and things are kinda fuzzy:

1. If there is a values in either cols D OR E (i.e. 'Completed' and 'Completed (Equivalent')) AND no other columns, then Status in col M = 'All Completed'
2. If there are values in either cols D OR E AND any other column, then Status in col M = 'Some Completed'
3. If there are values in any column EXCEPT cols D OR E then Status in col M = 'None Completed'

Anyone out there got a simple formula?View attachment 42467

Anyone out there got a simple formula?View attachment 42467

Here's a better representation of the data without the '0's':

If Statement 3 condx.PNG

Upvote 0
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back