New Excel Changes - Looking for advice

CyrusTheVirus

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Is anyone experiencing the below issues? Is there any way I can convert back to the old excel settings/colors somehow, this is starting to get really annoying, this all changed when they changed to 'Aptos' font, which is hard on the eyes and really sucks.

The colors in general and colors of tables are now looking more cartoony and barbie(ish)... that a word?
Apparently me right clicking mouse and selecting columns and pressing 'H' for hide or 'U' for unhide no longer work. It now selects the paste special buttons, even if nothing is copied lol.
Lastly, Aptos? Really? What is wrong with calibri, someone please tell me. Just because it might not be hip doesn't mean it still isn't the most efficient and practical.

To quote G.K. Chesterton: "Do not remove a fence until you know why it was put up in the first place."

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Microsoft has a long history of ignoring the maxim "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". That said, since you can select the font you want to be your default font in settings, why not just revert to Calibri?

I did revert to calibri, that part is fine, but colors and certain hot keys seem to be slowly changing... if anything, hot keys and alt keys, etc should NEVER change.

Upvote 0
if anything, hot keys and alt keys, etc should NEVER change.

Speaking as someone who has to install a keyboard driver hack to restore the CTRL and CAPS LOCK keys to the positions that God and WordStar intended them to be in, I totally get that. But MS is going to do what MS is going to do.

Upvote 0
Speaking as someone who has to install a keyboard driver hack to restore the CTRL and CAPS LOCK keys to the positions that God and WordStar intended them to be in, I totally get that. But MS is going to do what MS is going to do.

Lol well good to know I have options were things to get too bad.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
provoking

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back