New language learning : adapt color according to success rate

CDRM

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Web
Hi everyone

I'm currently learning a new language and I already use a method, but it doesn't really suit me. I would therefore like to use a new method which would be based on the percentage of success. However, I don't really know how to go about it. If you don't have an answerto all my problems, that's fine

If you have a look at the table below it will be directly easier for you understand I think.
Note that I use the OneDrive online version of Excel.

Let me explain it to you :

Each new word added starts with a percentage of 50%. This percentage will be visible in the "Percentage" column. For each good translation the percentage increases by +25%. For each bad translation the percentage decreases by -25%. For each semi-good translation the percentage increases by +25%, and from 75% only good translations will increase by +25%. The final percentage/result cannot go in the negative (less than 0%) nor exceed the maximum (more than 100%).
There would be a column with the correct translation that I could hide by pressing a single button
In the "Percentage" column there would be a spin button to adjust the percentage myself.
The background color would adapt depending on the final percentage obtained: 100%- 75% -50% - 25% - 0%
Capture d’écran 2023-11-28 155725.png

For the most knowledgeable among you: be able to adapt the color of the word entered in the "To translate" column according to the number of correct letters. It would help me to improve and autocorrect myself. For example more than half of the letters are correct = yellow, less than half = red, all of the words = green. Or a similar method if you got one
Capture d’écran 2023-11-28 160441.png

Thanksss alot !

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: New language learning : adapt color according to success rate
There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back