New work PC

Tank997

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am looking to upgrade my work PC and would like to get some recommendation for an off the shelf PC or a custom built PC and would like thoughts about whats new that I should look at.

My current PC is about 4 years old and I need to upgrade from Excel 2007 to 2010, I do a lot of work with large data files, I pull in from our MS SQL server.

Our company system software "Syspro". I need a fast machine and was thinking SSD boot drive, I5 or I7-2600, 8+ gigs of ram, Win 7, 32 or 64 bit? I need to run 3 monitors, so I think I need 2 video cards? but the speed of the video is not critical since I'm not gaming. Usually Excel on one or two screens with outlook and Syspro on the others.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Tom

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Windows 7 64-bit will allow you to use greater RAM/disks but note that Microsoft recommends using Office 2010 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-version-of-microsoft-office-HA010369476.aspx

At work we have experienced a number of problems when printing and this is believed to be a driver issue with 32-bit Office running on 64-bit Windows 7.
Microsoft Outlook often seems to suffer most (perhaps it is the cause?) and it is necessary to stop and restart the Print Spooler as an alternative to rebooting the machine..

So you have a choice with Windows 7/Office 2010 problems!

Check the version of SYSPRO that you are using - you will find a list of Windows 7 compatible applications at:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=2394

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mystic19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back