Newbie help with workbook_open project and forms.

atrembla

First God Bless you if you help, second thanks.
Ok, Here goes, I currently work with a spreadsheet that tracks Network Operation Center tickets on a daily basis. A new sheet is created every 12 hours for the new shift. My goal is to upon opening the spreadsheet be presented with a form that prompts the user the following question."Would you like to create a new turnover?" (I can create the form with radio buttons and labels no problem) answering yes or no. Upon answering yes the following things need to take place.
1. create a new worksheet, and place it at the end of all sheets.

2. check date and time of old sheet from naming tab and increase by 1 day or by 12 hours same day.

3. Since copy sheet only copies a maximum of 255 characters, I need to scan 2 cells for amount of characters and copy all characters to the next sheet .

4. I have created 5 combo boxes that resort to sheet 1 for list of names of engineers who are on-call. These combo boxes should be locked when the sheet is updated daily until Monday comes and it is time to change them. I have been unsuccessful in making this happen even using the option of "allow users to edit ranges" feature.

I understand this may be a lot of work, it may be to much for a newbie, I am willing to take chances and learn small steps first for those willing to give a hand. I have on the way "O'reillys, VBA in a Nutshell" and a VBA for beginners book, so I can refer to them as well from your experience.

Thanks in advance
Aaron

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonino90

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back