Newbie Here - Need help with an upload feedback button on Userforms

Krosis

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Guys,

Iv been driving myself crazy the past 2 days trying to work out my userform. Its been a joy but its also been terribly frustrating. I have been using the power of google and youtube to troubleshoot my current issues but iv hit that brick wall so im here to seek expect advice!

Iv never been great at explaining myself so appologies in advance and I will do my best to explain what im looking for.

I currently have a userform where a user can submit basic team member information such as name, managers name, team number, outcome etc. I have successfully set the userform up to compile this information on a spreadsheet with a new entry being submitted onto a new row with each entry.

I am trying to setup a "Upload Feedback" button on my userform where one can browse for a word document (a feedback form) and submit it along with the basic user information so it sits in a cell under Feedback as a hyperlink Called "Feedback" which would then be clickable should someone want to look into said feedback deeper.

I Hope the above makes sense! Please be mindful I am very new to Userforms and VBA. Thanks in Advance!

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
What are the issues? You have to include several main steps in your sub:
1. Browse for a file e.g. application.getopenfilename
2. Copy the file to a location, accessible to everyone
3. Save the new file location to a cell, maybe as a hyperlink
Which part is the wall?

Upvote 0
My issue is... I dont know where to start. As mentioned above im very new to this. The steps Im looking to take are as follows (I hope this is what you meant by the above)..

- Select a button on the userform to browse for a file
- Select the feedback word document to attach to the userform
User would input other basic information about the agent
- Submit userform along with the file to a spreadsheet to compile all the information.
- Im wanting the feedback document to save as a hyperlink so it can be referred to at a later date or by another party

Upvote 0
Ok, more or less the same.
The only difference is that the file has to be copied for example to a shared network folder, so whenever anyone clicks on the link the file will be accessible.
I am confused though. First you write:
I have successfully set the userform up to compile this information on a spreadsheet with a new entry being submitted onto a new row with each entry.
But your second post suggests differently.
So which of these parts of the code presents a problem.
I can't write it on my phone now but it shouldn't be more than 10 lines of code:
1 for browsing and selecting a file
1 to copy it to a shared folder
1 to write the hyperlink to a cell
+ Plus a few more to become a properly written code (declarations, checks etc.)

Upvote 0
Sorry for not being clear!

Iv included some images to hopefully explain what im looking for a little better and to give an idea of where im currently at.

Pic1 is the userform iv created with an Upload Feedback button that i would like users to press to browse for the word file and then when they hit submit it moves that info into a spreadsheet as shown in Pic2. Everything works fine apart from the feedback button and how that information transfers to the spreadsheet and saves as a hyperlink.

Thanks again for the help so far!

Attachments

• Pic1.PNG
    Pic1.PNG
    6.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Pic2.PNG
    Pic2.PNG
    5.4 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0
Sorry for not being clear!

Iv included some images to hopefully explain what im looking for a little better and to give an idea of where im currently at.

Pic1 is the userform iv created with an Upload Feedback button that i would like users to press to browse for the word file and then when they hit submit it moves that info into a spreadsheet as shown in Pic2. Everything works fine apart from the feedback button and how that information transfers to the spreadsheet and saves as a hyperlink.

Thanks again for the help so far!
Also, forgot to mention that the word documents im looking to upload are already saved in a Shared folder.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back