Newest features missing in Excel 365

kweaver

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2010
Under Windows 10, I run Office 365 on my desktop. It's a licensed product through the college where I teach.
The newest Text, etc. features are all available on my desktop.

I recently purchase a new laptop which is running Windows 11.
When I downloaded Office 365 through the college license, the newest Text, etc. features did not show up on the laptop.
I did a total scrub of Office on my laptop and downloaded again. NO DIFFERENCES.

Is this a Windows 11 problem or any suggestions what might be going on here?

Thanks,

KRW

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Maybe this article is relevant.

Upvote 0
This article seems to refer to "insiders" which I'm not. And the version of Office 365 I'm running comes from downloading the licensed product from the college.
So, I'm still confused why one version (desktop) of the same software doesn't have the features (laptop) available.

Upvote 0
If you go to account, what does the About Excel say?
1662660530813.png

Upvote 0
The desktop shows:

1662660697561.png

and the laptop shows Version 2208.

Upvote 0
They are rolled out gradually (for whatever reason) so the fact that you are on the same build on two machines doesn't guarantee that you will have the newest functions available on both immediately.

Upvote 0
I suppose, as my mother used to always say, patience is a virtue.

Upvote 0
It may be worth just checking the build info if you click the About Excel button as it sometimes differs from that shown on the front screen.

Upvote 0
Seems particularly odd (to me, at least) that students who have downloaded Office 365 from the college (exactly what I have done on my new laptop)...
they have the new text features but I don't. Strange behavior by, I guess, Microsoft rollout? Is the rollout looking at the manufacturer of my laptop or ???

Upvote 0
Maybe forcing the updates on both Windows and inside an Office Application may advance your status. No harm in trying. Windows Updates are supposed to capture Office updates, but theory and practice suggest to to still do both.
I am usually a bit behind on my laptop updates because I don't use it every week and it is shutdown most of the time. If the laptop goes to sleep, that will interfere with auto-updates too.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgro123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back