"next i" loop instead of repeated code

mgabriel2490

i started out with code like this...

Code:
Sheets("DailyDisp").Range("a104").AutoFill Destination:=Sheets("DailyDisp").Range("A104").Resize(Sheets("Employees").Range("ap2").Value, 1)

Sheets("DailyDisp").Range("b104").AutoFill Destination:=Sheets("DailyDisp").Range("b104").Resize(Sheets("Employees").Range("ap2").Value, 1)

Sheets("DailyDisp").Range("c104").AutoFill Destination:=Sheets("DailyDisp").Range("c104").Resize(Sheets("Employees").Range("ap2").Value, 1)

Sheets("DailyDisp").Range("g104").AutoFill Destination:=Sheets("DailyDisp").Range("g104").Resize(Sheets("Employees").Range("ap2").Value, 1)

Sheets("DailyDisp").Range("h104").AutoFill Destination:=Sheets("DailyDisp").Range("h104").Resize(Sheets("Employees").Range("ap2").Value, 1)

but i want to look something like....
Code:
For i = a To m

Sheets("DailyDisp").Range("104" & i).AutoFill Destination:=Sheets("DailyDisp").Range("104" & i).Resize(Sheets("Employees").Range("ap2").Value, 1)
'Sheets("DailyDisp").Range("A104").AutoFill Destination:=Sheets("DailyDisp").Range("A104").Resize(Sheets("Employees").Range("ap2").Value, 1)
Next i

Additionally i have....

Code:
'Sheets("Master Data").Range("c105").AutoFill Destination:=Sheets("Master Data").Range("c105").Resize(Sheets("Employees").Range("ap2").Value, 1)

'Sheets("Master Data").Range("d105").AutoFill Destination:=Sheets("Master Data").Range("d105").Resize(Sheets("Employees").Range("ap2").Value, 1)

'Sheets("Master Data").Range("e105").AutoFill Destination:=Sheets("Master Data").Range("e105").Resize(Sheets("Employees").Range("ap2").Value, 1)

'Sheets("Master Data").Range("f105").AutoFill Destination:=Sheets("Master Data").Range("f105").Resize(Sheets("Employees").Range("ap2").Value, 1)

'Sheets("Master Data").Range("h105").AutoFill Destination:=Sheets("Master Data").Range("h105").Resize(Sheets("Employees").Range("ap2").Value, 1)

that goes on and on through column YJ, so i need something like...

Code:
For i = c To YJSheets("Master Data").Range("105" & i).AutoFill Destination:=Sheets("Master Data").Range("105" & i).Resize(Sheets("Employees").Range("ap2").Value, 1)
'Sheets("Master Data").Range("c105").AutoFill Destination:=Sheets("Master Data").Range("c105").Resize(Sheets("Employees").Range("ap2").Value, 1)
Next i

what am i missing with these "i loops" ?

thank you all for your help in advance

Last edited:
oh it is a beautiful thing!!!

JoeMo... I cannot thank you enough!

Andrew Poulsom, thank you for the info... I will keep that in mind.

Everyone have a great weekend!!!
You are welcome.

Andrew has offered the simplest solution to your second question, but I thought you might want to see how to loop through column letters using numbers since that was the essence of your second question.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Welp....

I spoke to soon....

Code:
Dim colNum As Long, colLetter As String
For colNum = 3 To 660
colLetter = Split(Columns(660).Address(0, 0), ":")(0)

Sheets("Master Data").Range(colLetter & 105).AutoFill Destination:=Sheets("Master Data").Range(colLetter & 105).Resize(Sheets("Employees").Range("ap2").Value, 1)
Next colNum

Ran the macro and it stopped at column HA. And I don't have a clue why. There is no change in consistency for data, formulas, etc.

Upvote 0
I used Andrew's method...

Code:
For i = 3 To 660
Sheets("Master Data").Cells(105, i).AutoFill Destination:=Sheets("Master Data").Cells(105, i).Resize(Sheets("Employees").Range("ap2").Value, 1)
Next i

And I think it worked fully. Not sure why it didn't the other way, but would like to know if anyone has an idea.

Again....thank you both!

Upvote 0
Welp....

I spoke to soon....

Code:
Dim colNum As Long, colLetter As String
For colNum = 3 To 660
[COLOR=#ff0000][B]colLetter = Split(Columns(660)[/B][/COLOR].Address(0, 0), ":")(0)

Sheets("Master Data").Range(colLetter & 105).AutoFill Destination:=Sheets("Master Data").Range(colLetter & 105).Resize(Sheets("Employees").Range("ap2").Value, 1)
Next colNum

Ran the macro and it stopped at column HA. And I don't have a clue why. There is no change in consistency for data, formulas, etc.
That's not the code I posted in post #6, the red font is not right - replace 660 with colNum.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back