"next week"

synergy16

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
i have a build schedule that has a date category of "next 7 days" so i use =today()+7, but what i really want it to be is "next week" if i use the +7 its always going to "roll" 7 days but what i really want is for it to use =today() as a reference point and then tell me something has to be built on or before the following saturday. so for example, today is the 27th, i want the formula to say, it has to be built on or before Aug 6. and it would say that date all week until the it became the next sunday. so for example, that category would read "has to be built before Aug 6" (for this week) but when it becomes july 30, i want it to read "has to be built before Aug 13" for that entire week.

hopefully that makes sense.

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.
Fluff, i have one more question with regards to dates. on the same scheduling sheet i have formulas that count days backwards from a ship date to a calculated start building date. they look like the following
=IF(S21="SHIPDATE REQ","SHIPDATE REQ",IF(F20="NO OPS",G21,G21-F20))

is there a simple way i can add some code to that formula that would push the resulting date to the following monday if the resulted date fell on a weekend?

Upvote 0
Maybe
Excel Formula:
=IF(S21="SHIPDATE REQ","SHIPDATE REQ",IF(F20="NO OPS",G21,workday(G21-F20-1,1)))

Upvote 0
perfect. thanks again
actually, now that im thinking about it. since im counting backwards it should be: if resulting date lands on a weekend push it to the preceding friday. otherwise if i push to the following monday the resulted start date will end up later than i need

Upvote 0
Change the -1 to +1 & the 1 to -1

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sham Yousaf

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back