NFL Game Prediction Question

stevek99022

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
As I build my worksheets in my excel file, I have presented myself with this situation - Bear with me please, as here is what I am trying to find a function for;
I currently have 2 worksheets - Home Games and Away Games (3 Seasons worth of data for all 32 teams) Here is what I need an excel function to do; Say for
example, Arizona is at Home playing the visiting team of Atlanta. How do I pull in the data for Arizona, at home, only for their matches against Atlanta? And
Vise Versa. Atlanta's data, away, but only those stats when they play Arizona? Thank you in advance for your input and help in solving this, and Merry Christmas
to all!

Steve

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
How do I pull in the data for Arizona
What data do you want to pull in?
Pull it in to where--what do you want the result to look like?
What data do you have?
How is it organized?
Consider showing a sample using the XL2BB add-in, or at least a screen shot showing column and row headers.

Upvote 0
Trying to upload a mini sheet but nothing seems to work. In which I am trying to get points for - points against, etc, but only for
the teams that are playing each other, and not the entire league.

Upvote 0
Try WINDOWS+SHIFT+S to capture a screen shot and then you can Paste directly into a post (you don't have to save it to a file first)

Upvote 0
1703522504091.png

Upvote 0
Do you want to just filter out the target games to get a list, or do you want to do some kind of analysis, like sums or averages?

Upvote 0
Comparison actually. By taking whoever is playing at home, against only the away team data. i.e. Arizona vs Atlanta. I want to be able to pull up
data for only these two teams stats in how they have played each other in the past, not the rest of the league. It shouldn't matter how Arizona
played Dallas in the past, as this would only skew the data, especially if they are playing Dallas away. Does that make sense?

Upvote 0
My question has to do with what data you want displayed. "pull up data" does not tell me what data you want, or what you want it to look like.

Do you want the same rows that appear on the Home worksheet, but just those rows where Arizona hosts Atlanta, and the same rows from Away where Atlanta hosts Arizona? Or do you want, for example, the total points scored in all games for both teams, etc.? We would need very a concrete description to give you a workable solution.

Upvote 0
Here is my prediction screen that I am using with the criteria that I am trying to utilize. But what I am trying to get around is the
fact that using data from other teams when figuring a predicted raw score "skews" the data. I.E. When Atlanta is at home playing
Arizona, those are the only figures I want the spreadsheet to utilize. I.E. What is the past 3 seasons of data when Atlanta plays Arizona
at home, and Vise Versa. But only these two teams, no one else.

1703621331808.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlckr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back