Not Sure what Direction to go next with baseball league management spreadsheet

creativelinks

Hello:

I know just enough to be dangerous in Excel and self-taught. I have created a fairly comprehensive spreadsheet for a Stratomatic baseball league (Board Game). I do not use any pivot tables or macros at this point; all formulas. I have the following worksheets:
Team Standings and Stats
League Leaders
Then a sheet for each of our 6 teams with rosters, win loss records, player stats, etc.
I have just created an additional sheet with all of the players who we keep from year to year along with a list of all the players eligible for the upcoming draft where we can select players and pitchers via drop down lists. This will also allow us to trade players later by changing the team from the drop down list which will automatically remove the player from one team roster and add to the new team.
2015 Players-As soon as a player is selected from the previous worksheet with the drop down list the team that chose the player is assigned beside the player name on this sheet and the player is automatically placed on the appropriate teams worksheet roster. I am thinking all of the players stat totals will need to be assigned next to each player as well
2015 Pitchers-same as 2015 Players worksheet
Queries-this is where I have all the queries for league leaders, team standings, etc.

Here is what I would like to add (problems we have) and I cannot figure out what to use or how...........
1. Traded players cause several problems. All stats for Player A with his previous team are transferred to the new team, we need to keep the total stats for the player, but we would like the stats Player A produces from each team he is on to add to the team totals only. For example, Player A has 50 AB'S, 20 from Team A and 30 from Team B. Team B will show Player A on their roster with his total stats, but we only want the 30 AB's to add to Team B's AB team total and 20 to still count toward Team A's AB total.
2. We add player stats to the spreadsheet after every 5 games played. We use to just add the stats on the team roster pages and then email to stat coordinator who would then copy and paste the updated stats onto a master file and then redistribute to the league members. Under the new system we need a new way to enter the stats for each player. I looked at using a form on the 2015 Players and Pitchers sheets and setting the team name to the criteria so they could easily find their players on their team instead of going through every player in the league, but we would still need to email the sheet to a coordinator and the copying and pasting could be challenging. I looked at Googlesheets, but no data entry form like the software.
3. We would like to keep track of hot and cold performances over a user defined period like last 20 Ab's or 50 or 100, which means we need a way to enter series stats, which is recorded and then keep a running total and a split total if Player is on one or more teams. I looked into pivot tables and macros for this, but I am thinking too advanced for me.

Sorry this is so long, but hopefully described the situation well enough to gather some expert responses. I am happy to share the spreadsheet if that is helpful. Its about a meg in size.

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back