Sharing part of workbook

tbones

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
I run a football prediction league on facebook. Basically I put onto a facebook post around 10 matches per week. Each player copies the matches and adds their scores to them. What I have been doing then is once the matches have been played I manually check them against the results and then add the totals onto a spreadsheet.
I am doing slightly different for the year as I have created a work book with the master table which is populated by 38 spreadsheets which represents the week number of the game form Gameweek 1 to 38.
Each of the spreadsheets has a master table with the fixtures on it. Once I populate the fixtures it then populates the same info for each player within each worksheet so in the master table on the spreadsheet it would read A versus B, c versus d, e versus f and so on. This then populates each fixture list for upto 25 players. At the moment once I have all the predictions in I then manually input these to the players fixture list on their part of the table. Once done and the matches have been played I then input the actual results into the master table which is then linked to everyones predictions. If they predict the correct score then they win a point. The total points for each player then is populated onto a different worksheet .

So the question I am asking for this is that for each gameweek spreadsheet there are 25 different tables 1 for each player. Is there a way of linking their individual table on the spreadsheet to them so that they can populate it them selves without being able to populate the other players in the game.

I may not have put this right... In an ideal world there would be a website that each player could put their predictions into and then this is compiled automatically to a spreadsheet that would then populate once the results have come in... a bit like fantasy football web pages,

Any help would be amazing

for that you'd need to do something like:

VBA Code:
private sub worksheet_open()
   Dim Ws As Worksheet

If Now() >= DateValue("30/08/2023") Then

For Each Ws In Worksheets
      Ws.Cells.Locked = True
      Ws.Protect "Pword"
   Next Ws
End If
End Sub

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back