Football Playoff Summary

Richard2542

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
Please review the below Instructional Notes to grasp an understanding as to how the Confidence Points are used.

Open the attached file: At the bottom of the sheet you will see a section that is titled Point Values Not Used; in addition, above this section you will see a section titled Points Used. The Points Used section uses the Players selection for winning the game along with the Confidence Points associated with that game. If the player's team wins, the Confidence points are added to the Player's total points; since the confidence point selection can only be used once, I need to develope a non VBA solution for showing the exact point(s) remaining. I tried using the INDEX and Match function as shown in cell E66; obviously, I dont have the formula correct, etc.

I would appreciate a solution that I could be used to show each Player's remaining Points; e.g. Player 1 has the following remaining points:
1, 12, 13

Instructional Notes:
Each player is required to select a Confidence Level (1 - 13) points per game. The Confidence Level number may only be used 1 time throughout the playoffs and
Super Bowl. The Confidence Level points are only awarded for a win (max points = 91). The key to winning the pool is the total amount of Confidence Level Points,
not the number of Wins. Total points scored in the Super Bowl will be used to resolve ties, e.g., Player 1 & 2 are tied, Player 1 goes over and Player 2 is under,
therefore Player 1 is in 2nd place and Player 2 is in 1st place. If both players are over, the closest Player to the Super Bowel score is 1st.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-25 121115.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-25 121115.png
    67.3 KB · Views: 34

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
I think you need to share your workbook or post a mini worksheet from the workbook. The forum will need to type every single cell to answer your question (I am not going to, maybe someone else will). Help them help you. The xl2bb add in is a tool that allows you to copy and paste miniworksheets. I'm assuming you're doing this on a home computer so you shouldnj't have any corpotate computer IT restrictions with installing add ins. the link to the add in is below.

Upvote 0
Awoohaw ...I need help in in attaching the worksheet,,,the XL2BB doesn't make sense to me - is there a simple way to send the file?

Upvote 0
There is a forum in Mr. Excel for testing the xl2bb add in.

Also, you could share the workbook to a file share like dropbox or microsoft OneDrive.

Upvote 0
Awoohaw...nothing seems to work; is there an alternative; prior to this post I used to easily add a file

Upvote 0
Awoohaw...I have downloaded xl2bb file; when I attempt to install or open, I get the below message.

Attachments

• 1706285360707.png
    1706285360707.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0
awoohaw did not send that email, it is a standard email sent by the site to let you know somebody has replied to the thread.

Upvote 0
Fluff...Nice to hear from you...when I follow the instructions for the XL2BB Add In, I receive the below errors...this is getting very frustrating for me.

1706293866443.png

Upvote 0
You need to unzip the the file & copy the xlam file into the add-in folder which will be something like
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back