Nsf database imported in Excel but failed in PowerPivot

FlorianF

I have Excel 2010 and PowerPivot 2010 version 32 bit and I would like to import into PowerPivot a nsf database. I did the following steps:
1. created the datasourse with Lotus Notes via ODBC 32 bit
2. created with Excel a new connection via connection > add > new source > Other Advanced > use data source name (reference to the datasource created at step1) + user name and password (the datasourse is on domino server). I tested the connection and it was successful.
3. opened the connection in Excel, I was prompted for the password and entered again and the database was imported very well
4. in PowerPivot window Design > Existing Connection. In the displayed list of connections, I selected the connection created at step 2. I tested the connection and it was again successful. But at the final step I have got the error “No tables were found in the data source. Check the connection information and login credentials”. I was not prompted for any password.

The connection string is displayed below (it is the same string that worked in Excel but failed in PowerPivot):
Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=UserID;Data Source=TEST1;Extended Properties="DSN=TEST1;UID=UserID; Database=act_ch4\AHinvoices.nsf;Server=domino/name;UserName=;EncryptPWD=;MaxSubquery=20;MaxStmtLen=4096;MaxRels=20;MaxVarcharLen=254;KeepTempIdx=1;MaxLongVarcharLen=512;ShowImplicitFlds=0;MapSpecialChars=1;ThreadTimeout=60;Pwd=**********";Initial Catalog=(Default);Password=**********

Do you have any idea what did I do wrong and what can be done to be able to import the database in PowerPivot too?

Thanks a lot,
Florian

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
I super don't know. If you can't get it working directly you have 2 options (well, 3 if you consider drinking/crying a solid option :))

1) import to an excel table, then from there into power pivot. (super yuck).
2) try to use Power Query. (good option, good tool).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SammMcCandless

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back