Offset function to selct specific data from another work sheet

Krays23

HI

Im trying to follow The Excel Kids video in you tube using the offset function. if you could take a moment to view the video at 3 minutes 5 seconds it will be a lot clearer than trying to explain it in text.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbbSF0oSres&index=4&list=PLWNJy3iJaYzBPNbionzdfoyM1Bt5NEiHl

I can get it to work fine how he suggests however there is one difference that I cant get to work.

In the work sheet that contains my main data. I have a colum named CNC machine this is machines numbered 1 to 4 what I want is my offset to only show values from a specified CNC machine for example only show CNC 4 with the current formula from excel kid it it shows all machines.

The offset im using is this and this is used in a worksheet specific to CNC 04 , Each machine will have its own work sheet showing only data for that machine.

Basicallly im using this offset to enable a scrolling graph based on data from data in CNC data input the issue is it shows all data for all machines and not just 4.

=OFFSET('CNC data input'!A7,'CNC 04'!$Z$7,,)

How can I do that ?

Sorry this is not so clear but a lot easier if you see the video

Hoping for your help as always.

Dan

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Hello,

I can't view the video but just to explain, Offset simply takes a range object and references a range OFFSET by a number of rows and columns. Offset(1,1) would get the cell 1 row down and 1 column to the right.

So for example
Code:
s = Range("A1").Offset(1,1).Address
MsgBox s

Would display a message box with "$B$2"

Unless OFFSET is user written procedure that is explained in the video? If so Ignore this message!

Upvote 0
Hi I get that and I want that however I need it to filter colum "CNC Number" in my "Maindata" table to only offset and show values "4" when I click the scroll bar which is using the offset.

The below are headings in my work sheet CNC data input Maindata table

=OFFSET('CNC data input'!A7,'CNC 04'!$Z$7,,)

A7 refers to the cell 27/02/2017 below and returns that cell value in my other worksheet where the offset function is stored and linked to a scroll bar. however when I click the scroll bar it returns the A8 colum with 3 in the CNC Number colum I actually want it to show me just the dates with 4 in the CNC number colum as I keep clicking the scroll bar
DateDayWeekCNC numberControl numberParts CutTarget to cutDelta cutActual WIPIdeal WIP Delta WIPDaily WIP level
27/02/2017Mon94 025-2516140121
28/02/2017Tue93 025-251994015938
28/02/2017Tue94 525-202034016342

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup>

<tbody>
</tbody><colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chestertim

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back