OLE DB or ODBC error importing data from FileMaker

rdudley

Hello all,
This may not be the appropriate forum for this issue, but perhaps someone has had a similar issue and a possible work around.

Having some issues with PowerPivot importing data from a Filemaker Database. I have no issue at all importing data into Excel, only with PowerPivot. This happens with a local database or a remote database, served up by FileMaker Server. I have triple checked my ODBC drivers, server config, firewall, etc- everything works up until the point that PowerPivot tries to do the actual import of the data. The resulting error I get is:

OLE DB or ODBC error: [FileMaker][FileMaker] FQL0001/(1:8): There is an error in the syntax of the query.; 42000.

An error occurred while processing table 'Contacts'.

The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.
If I provide a simple query: SELECT * FROM Contacts I get the following error:

ERROR [HY000] [FileMaker][FileMaker] No cursor open for statement

Again, I have no issues with Excel's built in data import- only with PowerPivot. A client is very keen to use PowerPivot so I'm exploring the issue as far as it will go. Any information is appreciated!

Many thanks,
rd

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
rd,
I am not familiar with FileMaker, but I had a similar issue with an ODBC connection and PowerPivot when extracting data from an AS400 database. In my case it was as simple as signing on to the AS400 prior to the attempt to extract data. When using Excel's data import I do not have to sign on (although when using MS Query it propts a sign on). I hope it's that simple.

JR

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesski

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back