one button to rule them all

mrbab7

Hi, so i have a quote template that i want to do a few things with at the press of the button when it's all been completed.

1. make a duplicate of the sheet on a new tab and pull the name of that tab from cell L10 (if possible also lock the new tab from changes)
2. then i need it to copy the information from cells on the VO Quote Tab > VO Register tab, pulling the data to the next available line stating at 8 as per below

L10>B8
L11>C8
E17>D8
D43>I8
L13>J8
L9>K8
C12>M8

hope this makes sense, i have making a new tab bit working(macro below), but i'm really struggling to get the other bits to work

if anyone could help i'd be massively greatful, thanks in advance.

Sub Sample1A()
ActiveSheet.Copy , Sheets(Sheets.Count)
Sheets(Sheets.Count).Select
ActiveSheet.Name = ActiveSheet.Range("L10")

End Sub

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Your Workbook is set up as follows? Sheet1("VO Quote"), Sheet2("VO Register"), Sheet3[Added Sheet w/ Sheet1 L10 as Name], Sheet4[Added Sheet w/ Sheet1 L10 as Name], so on and so forth?

Upvote 0
Or ... you could provide a sample workbook with the required data included. Post it to a download website and provide the link here so the workbook can be reviewed.

Upvote 0
Try this on a copy of your Workbook as unexpected results may occur. Please note comments (in green font) where you will need to change to suit your needs.
VBA Code:
Option Base 1
Sub quoteProg()
Dim wb As Workbook, wsQuote As Worksheet, wsReg As Worksheet, wsCopy As Worksheet
Dim quoteData(7), quoteRng As Range, regRng As Range, i As Long, rng As Range, cpy2Rng As Range, rowNum As Long
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Set wb = Workbooks("Book1"): Set wsQuote = wb.Worksheets("VO Quote"): Set wsReg = wb.Worksheets("VO Register") 'Change Workbook ("Book1") name accordingly
Set quoteRng = Union(wsQuote.Range("L10"), wsQuote.Range("L11"), wsQuote.Range("E17"), wsQuote.Range("D43"), _
    wsQuote.Range("L13"), wsQuote.Range("L9"), wsQuote.Range("C12"))
Set cpy2Rng = wsReg.Range("B8:B" & wsReg.UsedRange.Rows.Count)
For Each rng In cpy2Rng
   If IsEmpty(rng) Then
        rowNum = rng.Row
        Exit For
    End If
Next rng
Set regRng = Union(wsReg.Range("B" & rowNum), wsReg.Range("C" & rowNum), wsReg.Range("D" & rowNum), _
    wsReg.Range("I" & rowNum), wsReg.Range("J" & rowNum), wsReg.Range("K" & rowNum), wsReg.Range("M" & rowNum))
i = 1
For Each rng In quoteRng
    quoteData(i) = rng.Value
    i = i + 1
Next rng
i = 1
For Each rng In regRng
    rng.Value = quoteData(i)
    i = i + 1
Next rng
wsQuote.Copy After:=wb.Sheets(wb.Sheets.Count)
Set wsCopy = wb.Sheets(wb.Sheets.Count)
With wsCopy
    .Name = wsQuote.Range("L10").Value
    .Protect Password:="1234", DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True 'Change password to one of your choosing
End With
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
hey @Skyybot thanks for you help, i loaded it into the worksheet, but it didn't seem to work. it was copying to another tab, but it didn't pull the info to the table and came up with a code 400?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrlanc20

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back