One Var Summary

twilson41

Hello,
I am working with add-on StatTools in Excel 2007 and have a mediocre understanding of Excel. Here is my question...when I have the data on a sheet and create a data set for the information to only want to find the variance summary it jumps into a new book?? It will not allow me to copy that info back into the original book and paste into a new sheet so to label the sheet appropriately. How do I insert the new book back into my original work? Any assistance is greatly appreciated because once I get it back into the original worksheet I must generate a simple random sample. I hope I have not made this too complicated, I just can't seem to figure out how to get it back...instead everytime I create something from the data it creates a new book.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
I'm not familiar with this add-in but it sounds like it is creating a new instance of Excel as well as creating a new workbook. And there is your problem - you cannot copy and paste between different instances of Excel.

Try copying and pasting to Notepad then copying from there and pasting into Excel.

If that either doesn't work or is inconvenient I can give you some code to copy to the Windows clipboard.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back