Outlook VBA sending from shared workbook while offline

logandiana

Board Regular
I created a macro in outlook vba. All it does is take drafts that are in a shared email box and sends them. Since there are a lot of emails usually, instead of trying to have the macro send the emails to the outbox, while the outbox is trying to send. What I do is put myself in the 'work offline' mode. Then I run the macro and it sends all the emails from the shared drafts folder, or rather, it moves them to the outbox. Whenever its done, I put myself back online and the emails leave the outbox as needed.

Everything works fine with the macro on my end, but my coworker has the same macro in outlook, and the same access to the same shared folder.
They can run the macro just fine and it does what it's supposed to do.
BUT if they put their selves in 'work offline' mode and then run the macro. They get a Run-time error '-2147221210 (80040126)' The operation cannot be performed because the connection to the server is offline.
The line the error is on is.

VBA Code:
Set objDrafts = Session.Folders("email.email@domain.com").Folders("Drafts").Items

Not sure why it works fine on mine whether online or offline, but only on theirs online.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back