Passing filter result to second table - SELECTEDVALUE?

BigPatJennings

Hi, I have a football database I'm trying to convert from Excel to Power BI. One of the sections is a record of the result of one team's games against another, home and away. Each team plays each other twice, as you know. My score data is in a flat file as you can see below.
Score Table.JPG

Making a table of a team's home games is simple. I've created two identical flat files, one called HomeTeam and the other called AwayTeam and they list all possible teams once, and have a one-to-many relationship with the scores table. I use two slicers, one for the home team and one for the away team, and the file looks like this. (I've stripped out a lot of the data to make it easier to read - HS = Home Score, AS = Away Score).

2slicer.JPG

This shows the results when Brighton have played at home to Tottenham in the past three seasons. I would like to also show the results when the match was reversed and Brighton were away. It doesn't have to be the same table, but it has to be on the same worksheet. I'm guessing this requires a variable and selectedvalue from the original slicers, but every attempt I've made hasn't worked so far. I've tried adapting a formula I saw on Curbal but again, no luck. I'd be grateful if someone could help.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayEggleton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back