Password

Smoakstack

Board Regular
I am having some password protection problems. Here is the dilemna, I open Excel and it asks for a password. I have it, but I do not want it to ask for one. I have used numerous password clear things, but none have done the trick. Now I can only access the read only. Any Suggestions? Let me know if you need any of the code or anything else

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
You need to enter the password to open it normally, then use Save As and before you click Save, click on "Tools" in the Save As dialogue box and choose General Options. Remove the password protection there.

If none of your passwords work to open the file, then we cannot be of assistance, as that would breach forum rules See Rule #20

Upvote 0
Oh yeah, I do have access to an earlier version of the file, but do not know what is going on with the code and why it locks up on me when I try to access the newer version.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back