Paste data from ANY source to match destination in Excel - VBA?

jclegg42002

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
TO: All the Smart People

I know I have done this before years ago, but I have to copy data from multiple sources from intranet websites and then paste (as values) onto multiple spreadsheets. I have a button on my mouse mapped to CTRL-C and another button to CTRL-V. It is about as worthless as a screen door in a sub-marine when it comes to trying to keep my spreadsheet clean and need to simply 'Paste Values' into a cell. I have searched up and down through the internet and multiple BB sites and everyone has a some weird and unique request(s) for certain ranges, or 'copy to this sheet', or a file on another server, etc. I cannot find any decent leads that allow me to paste any formatting text I may have copied to 'any' sheet in my workbook. I want to remove external formatting outside of excel altogether to be honest. I have seen code like the following, but it was dependent on a range or a worksheet name, etc. (I really feel like this a simple request and the answer is right in front of my face!)

VBA Code:
Sub Excel_Paste_Special_1()
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
Paste_Cell.Parent.Activate
Paste_Cell.PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndNumberFormats
Paste_Cell.PasteSpecial xlPasteFormats
Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

I do not want to re-assign a key to do this. I want the good ol CTRL-V to paste as 'value' indefinitely. Does anyone know how I might be able to do that? I hope I do not need local admin rights to obtain this request. I work for a high level company and have tried everything in the books to get local admin and have been unsuccessful so far. I am sure someone on this BB can answer my question in 5 seconds flat and I apologize for my stupidity. (it has just been a while since I have coded absolutely anything and my work is kicking my butt so I could definitely use some help)

Thank you ahead of time!!!

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
I want the good ol CTRL-V to paste as 'value' indefinitely.
I don't know how this could be done but after doing CTRL-C, have you tried right clicking on the mouse, clicking 'Paste Special' and then selecting 'Values"?

Upvote 0
yes, that works, that is what I have been doing with 3 monitors, copying data from 3-4 different portals, back and forth to the spreadsheet, and I have to right click and go to paste values.... if I could copy something from here or any portal and then bring up excel and clicked my paste button, it would save me hours and probably carpal tunnel in the end. :) I know it can be done, I had a vba script that did it years ago. Everything I search now seems bizarre.... vba script to copy from 1 spreadsheet to another etc.

Upvote 0
This is what I did:
Placed a button on my sheet and assigned this macro to it.
VBA Code:
Sub Test()
    Selection.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub
Used CTRL-C to copy a range.
Selected the destination cell.
Clicked the button.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back