Paste Dates From Multiple Sheets Into Total's Sheet

LikeButtah1

My workbook has 12 monthly tabs for the year. When someone enters a date in a tab I want the date to copy over to a "totals" sheet starting in column F starting on Row 5. Then as people enter new dates into the subsequent months' tabs I want those dates to copy over into the next column over in the totals sheet without erasing the previous date and place the new date in the next column (Column G) and so on. I only have to do this once per year. Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
You said:
When someone enters a date in a tab.
I can provide a script to do this but I need to know where on the sheet they plan to put the Date.
If you put a Date in say Range("A1") then double click on Range("A1") and the script would run.
This would require Vba

Upvote 0
You said:
When someone enters a date in a tab.
I can provide a script to do this but I need to know where on the sheet they plan to put the Date.
If you put a Date in say Range("A1") then double click on Range("A1") and the script would run.
This would require Vba
Thank you for responding. Each month has a separate tab but all tabs have the same layout. So starting in row 5 on Column F to Column L someone could enter a date or even 2 dates say in columns F & G in January. Then they could enter in March in columns F,G, & H. When I run the script I need it to put each date into the next column in row 5 on the "totals" sheet. So if there are 5 dates in row 5 in all the monthly tabs I need it to copy into the "totals" sheet from column F to J. Then I need it to copy and paste into row 6 and so on from each tab until row 81. Let me know if that makes sense.

Upvote 0
You said:
So if there are 5 dates in row 5 in all the monthly tabs I need it to copy into the "totals" sheet from column F to J.
If we had 5 dates in all tabs on row 5 that would make 25 total dates if you had 5 sheets.
How can we put 25 dates in sheet named Total beginning in column F and ending in column J that's only 5 places to put dates.

Then you said:
Then I need it to copy and paste into row 6 and so on from each tab until row 81.
Copy what?
You want to copy rows 6 to 81 from all sheets and paste into sheet ??
This sounds more difficult then I can manage.
And like you said copy dates how do I know what is a date and what is just Text?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back