Paste from one workbook into the Find function of another workbook

zombiemaster

Board Regular
Hi, All...

Just looking to streamline a tedious process where I copy from cell A2 in workbook "mine" and paste it into the Cntrl-F FIND function in workbook "yours", find that data, enter today's date into column D and my initials in column E, then repeat for the next item down in column A in "mine". I know that sounds confusing so here is the step-by-step:

Activate book Mine
Copy A2
Activate book Yours
Cntrl-F
Paste into the FIND box and press enter (this is the part I can't figure out how to do)
Type today's date into column D
Type my initials into column E
Close the FIND box (if necessary?)
Activate book Mine
Move down one cell to A3
Repeat above steps

I have a couple hundred of these that I do each day, and am looking for some automation. I tried doing it myself but can't find out how to paste into the FIND box using VBA

Thanks in advance for any help!
~ZM~

Ok so I really am leaving work now, but if you're still around, the code isn't working as expected - I put some 'real' data into Mine that the macro should have picked up, PLUS I also added the word "test" at the bottom of both workbooks and ran the code - the date and initials showed up just once, in the row I put "test" into. The other 'real' rows didn't do anything.

If we can't get this to work, it's not a huge deal but I do appreciate the help!

~ZM~

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
What sort of values do you have in col A?

Upvote 0
Double check that your values are exactly the same and don't have any leading/trailing spaces.

Upvote 0
Double check that your values are exactly the same and don't have any leading/trailing spaces.
Sorry for the VERY long delay in responding - I got pulled off that project shortly after asking for help - they're going to be running automation through another process so my VBA is no longer needed. Thanks for trying to help, though, I do appreciate it!

~ZM~
:cool:

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back