Paste grayed out when copying or cutting in Excel 07

ike529az

tried several popular fixes from the web without luck. Causing me real problems when I cut then can't paste and my work is then GONE! (if I saved before the action).
I've been working on this problem on and off for a year! It doesn't happen every time which is what makes this problem even more annoying. I think its fixed, then it shows up just when I least expect it and lose data. I'm at the point where I'm going to have to spend $150 and just buy a new software package that I can't afford. Another idea: keep My Office 2007 Suite (for Word that I use, nothing else) and just buy Excel 07 on EBay - don't really need 2010 version unless the price is close. - what about that?

Here's what I tried and didn't work so far:

Tried: Hit ALT + F11 to go to the VBEditor.Then View>Immediate Window.Copy/paste this line into the window and hit <enter>Application.CommandBars("Cell").ResetTried: the Excel repair and diagnose tool
Tried: uninstall / reinstall Excel program as well

Tried: go into Hikey - user - software - Microsoft - excel - new - 32 binary and tried adding new rule

Tried: Close Excel.2. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\[userID]\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel3. Delete the XLB file.4. Open Excel (the XLB file will be recreated - like the normal.dot)
--> This one - I could not find the XLB file - looked everywhere.

Tried: Open excel hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE) hit ctrl-g (to see the immediate window) type this and hit enter: application .command bars ("cell").reset Then back to excel to test it."

Tried: looking at ADD INs to see if any incorrect ones were installed or functioning

Tried : starting new sheets - new files - new Docs - still no luck

Tired: re-customizing ribbon - excel toolbar

Tried; altering different appropriate Excel Cut-Copy-Paste options every which way and back several times

Tried: unlocking in formatting cells

I tried 2 other HELP forums - lots of views and no responses -------- Any ideas? Thanks!</enter>​

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
is it only on that document, or for ALL docs in your excel? Do control+C and Control+V still work?

Upvote 0
Excel forum and MrExcel.com are the same site? How would I have known that? How would anyone have know that?
Hey VoG moderator, you're very quick with catching a cross post, I wish you were just as quick with providing help with my 16 day old post as you and everyone can see below in my previous email for help after I had given up on the Excel forum and found Mr. Excel.com on the web:

Sorry for the delay in hearing back from any of our forum members. There
are hundreds of threads entering the forum daily, that it is possible that
your thread went down the list. You can bump it up by typing "Need help
please" or something like that in post 2, which will bring it up to the
top of the list and be noticed again.

Thanks,
Admin

> The following message was sent to you via the Excel Help Forum Contact Us
> form by ike529az ( mailto:zki99@sbcglobal.net ).
>
> --------------------------------
>
> 12 days , not even a reply from a moderator. is this site set up to drive
> users to the pay side? very disappointed. Wouldn't recommend to friends or
> use again..
>

Upvote 0
I never use the control+C and Control+V keys way...

Could you try to use the control+C then Control+V way, to establish if that function is working. Troubleshooting offsite requires a lot of process of elimination. You have done a lot of work already, lets see if that part of the copy paste is disabled as well.

Upvote 0
that works fine, although, I have never used the control key or short cut keys "way". I was never formally trained on computers. I learned on my own simply by pecking away and seeing what worked.
Control C or V is foreign but I can do it, its quite simple - it did work ok consistently. As I mentioned in my initial post, this issue is insidious because it happens every several attempts which makes it harder to troubleshoot because its behavior is not consistent. You think its fixed by one of the methods you imputed then a few tries later, the paste is grayed out again... I have always triumphed over my computer issues but his one has baffled me and everyone I have consulted with.
I spoke w/Microsoft yesterday -- because I've tried 3 forums on this issue with no luck so far - I usually get 139 views and maybe 1 to 3 replies --- anyway MS wanted $99 to look at it or $159 for Excel 2010.
Its amazing that even with Excel 2007 being just one piece of the entire MS Office 2007 Suite and being almost 7 years old, it still sells even on the auction site Ebay for over a $100 USD!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back