Pay rise!! Thank You MrExcel Community

Akashwani

Hi,

I would just like to share this good news with you all.

I have slowly been chipping away at learning Excel for the last 2 years or so and all though I am along way from being an Excel expert, in my work environment I am an "expert" :ROFLMAO:

My company has occasionally "rewarded" me for Excel work I have done, but they recently acknowledged my excel "skills" by giving me a 13.5% pay rise, sounds great I know, but it may only be temporary and my pay is low, so it's not big bucks, but a pay rise none the less.

I have many people to thank for all the Excel help they have given me over the years, but I would like to thank VoG especially as he was the first person to come to my rescue on MrExcel and continues to do so. Thank you Peter.

So, for anyone reading this who is trying to learn Excel and applying it to their job, stick at it, don't get disheartened if your company doesn't immediately recognise the work you are doing, some managers just don't understand what it takes to create that great worksheet!! Someone will come along who appreciates your work and a pay rise may be around the corner for you.

Thank you to ALL the MrExcel contributors that have given their time, patience and solutions to help me in my moments of frustration, ignorance and desperation. THANK YOU.

Ak

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Congratulations! It's always good to see success stories from people using this forum.

Congrats Akashwani! It just goes to show persistance and hard work can pay off!

I might forward your forum post onto my boss as a hint hint :LOL:

Well done Ak - I assume the cheque is in the post :biggrin:

Congratulations! (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back