PBI Desktop KPI Visual (Dates Reversed)

MarkCBB

Hi There,

I have the Below DB:
1.png

I created the Below Measure:
Code:
KPI Core OOS = DIVIDE(				CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(SALES);SALES[SALES RANKING]="CORE";SALES[SOH] <=0);
					CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(SALES);SALES[SALES RANKING] = "CORE")
					;0)

However When I add that measure into a KPI Visual, the dates are displayed in reverse, and I have no idea why this is happening.

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
What do you mean "dates are reversed"? This measure returns a decimal number, right? What does that have to do with dates?

Upvote 0
Hello Matt,
the
The Visual called KPI (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-tutorial-kpi/), uses dates to determine the end result and obviously the trend (Very cool visual), I managed to get the dates to flow correctly, I am not 100% sure how I was able to fix it as I just kept trying different things but I was able to solve it and for some reason I am not able to reproduce it again, (Driving me crazy). but all sorted now - Thank you.

Upvote 0
Ah yes, sorry - I knew that. I think I have heard of issues with columns sorted based on another column. What was your problem and solution?

Upvote 0
ahhh, It was exactly that, sorted a column, that is also why I couldn't figure out what I changed to get it to work, I re call deleting a table and re adding it and obviously didn't do the sorting the 2nd time

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayeshw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back