Personal.xlsb file not loading while Starting Excel

chrisham7276

Hi,

I am a power excel user, but on of my PC, my Personal.xlsb file does not load, and my attempts to start a macro recording to initiate this, too fails. I get a message preventing me to begin the macro recording.
Any hel will be highly appreciated.

Chrisham

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Hi & Welcome to the Board!

If you go Office button>Excel Options>Add-Ins and look thru the list of add-ins there is a Disabled Items section at the bottom. Is your Personal.xlsb listed there? If so, you can reenable by using the Manage dropdown on the same page.

It works for me. Thanks a lot!!!

Upvote 0
YESS!!! Thank you Quick google search lead me here

If you go Office button>Excel Options>Add-Ins and look thru the list of add-ins there is a Disabled Items section at the bottom. Is your Personal.xlsb listed there? If so, you can reenable by using the Manage dropdown on the same page.

Upvote 0
I was having the same problem this morning (panic ensued until I calmed down and started poking around here) and the solution was in the Disabled Add-Ins. Not sure how it ended up there, but there it was...

Thanks to all who helped on this thread - Mr. Excel (and the wonderful folks who frequent it) to the rescue once again!

~ZM~
:cool:

Upvote 0

Eleven years later, your reply is still paying off, as this just happened to me. Thank you!

Upvote 0
If you click on the Manage dropdown and select Disabled Items and then Go, do you see anything listed there?

The board html maker is an Excel add-in that can be used to generate html to display your Excel data in a message. If you want to try it out, please drop me your email address in a PM :)

Perfect, this worked for getting my macros working again.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hello all, I am having the same problem with Office 2016. The Personal.xlsb file seems to be corrupt or at least Excel says there is something wrong with it and Excel regularly disables it. When I go to the add-in window, it shows two files disables, both named Personal.xlsb. I can re-add the first and all is fine until something occurs and the file is again disabled.

The disabled add-in window states the file is disabled because it prevented Excel from functioning correctly or the Sys Admin has disabled from a group policy. Before I go though our internal help desk (agh) I thought I'd seek help here.

The file, Personal.xlsb is located in both the user startup location and Excel startup location and both paths are listed in the trusted locations windows - althought the file on the Excel startup location does not seem to get updated when changes are made.

Short of saving the file and exporting each macro (12+) individually then enabling the add-in and waiting to seek if it disables, I am hoping someone has another way to find out if there is in fact something wrong with the file.

FYI, this did not happen until the company upgraded to Office 2016

Thanks,

Dave

Upvote 0
Hello all, I am having the same problem with Office 2016. The Personal.xlsb file seems to be corrupt or at least Excel says there is something wrong with it and Excel regularly disables it. When I go to the add-in window, it shows two files disables, both named Personal.xlsb. I can re-add the first and all is fine until something occurs and the file is again disabled.

The disabled add-in window states the file is disabled because it prevented Excel from functioning correctly or the Sys Admin has disabled from a group policy. Before I go though our internal help desk (agh) I thought I'd seek help here.

The file, Personal.xlsb is located in both the user startup location and Excel startup location and both paths are listed in the trusted locations windows - althought the file on the Excel startup location does not seem to get updated when changes are made.

Short of saving the file and exporting each macro (12+) individually then enabling the add-in and waiting to seek if it disables, I am hoping someone has another way to find out if there is in fact something wrong with the file.

FYI, this did not happen until the company upgraded to Office 2016

Thanks,

Dave

I hope you found a solution for this. I had the same issue, my excel crashed, suddenly there was an .xlsb file in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel folder. I had to copy all the codes, rename it to .xlsx, rename it to .xlsm, and import back all the codes. It is really tiring.

The worst thing is, it only happens to me at not my colleagues.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aby2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back