picking cell between value of two others (sort of)

dancom

Sorry if this sounds a bit confused but here goes...

I need to report the cell contents based on whether a value falls between two others. This i can do (i think) but i also need to check to see if the value is between the next two cells down, for about 500 rows i.e.

the value '103626' (which is in a seperate table) should be reported back as matching to TCF11MAFG_01, BACH_01, AP1_01 as it falls in the range of each of these rows where col 3 is the identifier.

<table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 290pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="387"><col style="width: 48pt;" span="2" width="64"> <col style="width: 194pt;" width="259"> <tbody><tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td class="xl65" style="height: 15pt; width: 48pt;" align="right" width="64" height="20">103443</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-left: medium none; width: 48pt;" align="right" width="64">103460</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-left: medium none; width: 194pt;" width="259"> PPARG_03</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; height: 15pt;" align="right" height="20">103600</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" align="right">103610</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;"> GATA1_05</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; height: 15pt;" align="right" height="20">103614</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" align="right">103636</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;"> TCF11MAFG_01</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; height: 15pt;" align="right" height="20">103616</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" align="right">103631
</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;"> BACH1_01</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 15pt;" height="20"> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; height: 15pt;" align="right" height="20">103617</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;" align="right">103630</td> <td class="xl65" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">AP1_01</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Ideally i'd like to get the results place in the adjacent cell to the query value, concatenated into a single entry like i wrote above-
It sounds to me like it should be simple but i can't for the life of me figure it out :confused: Any help would be most appreciated!

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back