Pie in pie chart

david763

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good afternoon, I have a worksheet table containing action items. Each item (row) is risk rated (high, med, low) and has a due date. If the due date is exceeded I apply the following labels (1M, 3M, 6M) as a measure of how long overdue. I am trying to develop a pie in pie chart - the first which shows the proportion/ratio of 1m, 3m, 6m. In the secondary pie chart i want to show the breakdown of risk ratings just for those falling into the 6M overdue category (ie "here is the breakdown of overdue-ness, and of those 6M overdue, these are their risk ratings").
I have tried allsorts of pivot tables, countifs, etc to get the data in the right places for this, but not even getting close. Is the pie-in-pie capable of managing different data sets like this, or do i need to configure two separate pie charts (the latter being my current position)?
If it can, can someone tell me how to arrange the data and configure the charts?
Thanks in advance..

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Why not go for a stacked column chart?
On the X-axis plotting the geing/overdue, while the stacked are the risk ratings.
Colour the distribution all the same (so it appears as 1 column) except for the 6M values, where you use diverging colours.

1590309906947.png

Upvote 0
Thanks GraH. I suggested a similar solution, however my organisation is pretty fixated on pie charts at the moment. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tayo4dgacorbanget

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back