pieces produced at time intervals

Zimmerman

I need some hwlp trying to figure out a formula. Here's my problem.
I have a set time in which we start and a set amount of how many we should produce in a day. How do i figure out how many i should have done at any given hour? Say i start at 6:00 and i can produce 20 an hour and i have 50 to produce. At 7:00 i should have 20 done and at 8:00 i should have another 20 done the how do i figure out that at 8:30 i should be done and should start on my next set up.

Windows XP
Excel 2003

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.

Special-K99

=required amount / rate per hour (HOURS) + start time

e.g. 50 / 20 = 2.5 HOURS + 6:00 = 8:30

Last edited:

Zimmerman

Ok so say i have 5 different items to produce in the same day. How would i figure out at what time each item should be started on? Say it takes me 15 minutes to do each set up. Each different item has a different amount that could be produced in an hour.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcoverick

This Week's Hot Topics

• Sort code advice please
    Hi, I have the code below which im trying to edit but getting a little stuck. This was the original code which worked fine,columns A-F would sort...
  • SUMPRODUCT with nested If statement
    Hi everyone, Hope you're all well. I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction with a problem I'm having with a SUMPRODUCT...
  • VBA - simple sort is killing me!
    Hello all! This should be so easy, but not for me, apparently! I have a table of data that can be of varying lengths and widths. My current macro...
  • Compare Two Lists
    I have two Lists and I need to be able to Identify differences between them. List 100 comes from a workbook - the other is downloaded form the...
  • Formula that deducts points for each code I input.
    I am trying to create a formula that will have each student in my class start at 100 points and then for each code that I enter (PP for Poor...
  • Conditional formatting formula required for day of week and a value
    Hi, I have a really simple spreadsheet where column A is the date, column B is the activity total shown as a number and column C states the day of...