Pivot Chart issues after saving

JoshuaDoherty92

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good Morning,

First time poster here, I've started using excel again at work for the first time in 6 years so my apologies if this has an easy solution.

I'm having trouble with my pivot chart. I'm creating a pivot chart and when I first create the chart I'm having absolutely no issues with operating it. However, when i save it, close the book and then re-open the pivot-chart stops working.

When I open the book and try and change the filter on the corresponding pivot table to the chart, the pivot table changes, but the pivot chart stays exactly the same. So if i want to filter one particular pupil (this is a school report) for my chart, I can't.

I should add that when I open the book and first try to operate the filter I'm greeted with "The Pivot table report was saved without the underlying data, use the refresh data command to update the report." I update this and the pivot table can then be used and the filters can be operated, but the chart doesn't change at all. I've attached an image below to help make sense. This is all fake data to test the document which is why data is appearing for the next 3 weeks.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kind Regards

1578473222643.png

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Can I ask whether you are keeping the source and PivotTable/PivotChart in separate workbooks? And, if so, why?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back