Pivot - Show values as % of parent row without showing other rows

bukimi

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have a pivot table that shows categories of products and then lists producers.
Values are shown as % of parent row - that is, I get to see share of each producer (%) in every category. Columns are weeks.

CategoryProducerWeek1Week2
FruitCompanyA40%45%
FruitCompanyB30%35%
FruitCompanyC30%20%

That's fine.
But in final table, I need to see only results for company A, for all categories, without showing share of other companies.
If I filter out CompanyA, I automatically get 100% share shown, as it's the only element left under parent row. There are different companies in different categories, but CompanyA is in all of them.
Is there a way to work around it to get it right, even using PoverPivot, so I get something like table below? (of course data for other categories are not shown in table above)
CategoryProducerWeek1Week2
FruitCompanyA40%45%
VegetableCompanyA42%56%
SweetsCompanyA31%29%

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
I did it! Don't want to erase thread "just like that", so I'll post a solution instead.

1. Add a new column in source data, that is a SUMIF for values only for companyA. So, sales for CompanyA are shown normally, all other are always 0 (zero). Let's name it "Sales CompanyA".
2. In final Pivot Table, add a new Data field that is calculated as "Sales CompanyA"/"Sales (total)". That way, we get % share only for Company A, ignoring values of other ones.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back