Removing zero value rows in pivot table

Darren_workforce

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day. We receive a file each month and based on choices our customers make, it will add either a 0 or a 1 into the respective category. Once we run the pivot table though, as you can see, it tallies up all of the 1's but it also displays the zeroes and the corresponding sub label (apologies if that's not the proper term) rows associated with them. As you can see, it makes the table very large and cluttered.

Is there a way to remove the sub label rows that have a 0 value all the way across? I didn't want to use conditional formatting to hide the zeroes as it would still allow the headers to show. Just looking to slim down a bit. I attempted using slicers but those only allowed me to filter 1 of the 3 headers and it caused the other 2 header values to be hidden regardless if they were a 0 or 1. Is what I'm asking even possible? I'm not opposed to using vba if that is an option. Thank you in advance.

1677684872440.png

I mean the responses provided do help based on just exactly what you're trying to accomplish but for what I was doing, they didn't help. Unfortunately that's a no, @karinfromsweden.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Maybe you could create a custom field, add the values together in the custom field, then filter out the 0's from the custom field.

Upvote 0
Maybe you could create a custom field, add the values together in the custom field, then filter out the 0's from the custom field.
I did a quick try of this, liked the idea of it. Even though I do get a calculated field to be 0 for the rows I want to hide, and I set filter to only show values higher than 0, it still shows the zero-roads.

For me this is when Im pivoting data where the source has data over the whole year, but in my pivot I only want to show upcoming months. But as the row has values on previous months, it still shows in the pivot, giving me a really messy pivot table with lots of zero-roads.
I cant filter on "greater than..." since I have columns for several upcoming months, but I dont understand why filtering on a the calculated field didnt work. 🤔

Im thinking a vba might be able to do this, but Im not good enough to write one from scratch myself and I've been googling for hours.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back