buroh

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I have table queries which are appended into one query. see below
Screenshot 2023-11-14 131100.jpg

I have a sheet which some fields are taken from above (some not shown here) see below

Screenshot 2023-11-14 131310.jpg

Columns 1 - 3 are Pivot Table fields
Merged cells in merged column 4 is formula cell - The result of the formula will show text of the Description column in the query above. (it has to be formula because pivot tables don't merge across columns)
Cells in column labelled 5 below the header is a formula - The result of the formula is a vlookup of the query table above based on the date selected in I1.

Using slicers to filter the pivot table, will filter by column 1 and/or 2. The formulas in 4 and 5 will pull the data through.
But ideally I wanted to filter the table by Date, but I don't know how to make this happen. I tried making a separate table to connect the slicer to two different tables, but couldn't make that possible.
The layout of the query is as the table it is pulling data from, so the query layout can change but not the source data.

Trying to work out if possible to filter by date in a slicer which will filter the pivot table (columns 1-3) so when the data in column 5 will be no blank spaces in rows which are not needed.
I know people can use the drop down filter in the table, but it would be nice to connect it all so they don't necessarily have to use the drop down filter, otherwise it is pointless having the slicers.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back