Pivot & Slicer - Comparing Two Pivot Tables Issue

Sundance_Kid

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I am nearly sure what I am about to say can be performed and nearly sure I have done it before.

I have a data file with inputs which are differentiated by a column called "Version".

Version 1 = 2022 Plan
Version 2 = 2022 Actuals

The Version 1 will have a Sales Plan figure for all 12 months of 2022 across 10 customer (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J)
The Version 2 data will have actual Sales figures for the first two months of 2022 across all customers (except there is now 14 customer, from A - N).

I am creating two pivot tables, each with a Version slicer. Table 1 will have the slicer select Actuals and Table 2 will have the slicer select Plan.

Ideally, I want to have a variance column where I can compare the actual figures for Customer A v the Plan figures for Customer A for example.

The issue that I cannot seem to fix is that, because the Version 2 2022 actuals has an extra 4 customers it is not comparing like with like in the tables.

Is it possible to somehow have them compare like with like? So for example, Customer K which is not in the Plan will appear in the Plan table but with zero against it.

I have attached an image.
Pivot Slicer Comparison Issue.PNG
Pivot Slicer Comparison Issue.PNG

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Hi,

Going by your explanation I assume actually all the date is inside a single table. Would that be correct, or do you have different tables all together?

With data in a single table, you can create a single pivot showing both Actuals and Plan in the value section. Then there is no need for a slicer.
Also in the pivot settings you can highlight to show labels without data.
1634798980231.png

1634799006750.png

EDIT:
PS: I might have reversed actuals and plan, but you it's about the technique, right?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back