Pivot Slicer Rename?

Greenbehindthecells

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good afternoon,

I hope you are having a great Monday. I've created a dynamic dashboard using pivot tables for specific metrics. I have multiple pivot table charts that are working off of the same slicers (very well). I find that because the measures names are so long the slicer is pretty terrible looking. I cannot change how is listed in the pivot table or the charts will be modified. I would like to ask if anyone knows a specific way to change the data labels in my slicer without changing the connection to the data in the pivot table (so my charts are not affected)?

Example: Measure name 'antidepressant medication management (AMM) effective acute phase treatment' on a slicer button is a lot. The trouble is I have two different antidepressant medication management measures, so the slicer buttons are only showing 'antidepressant...' because that is as much as I can fit in there after I've formatted my charts to be readable and formatted the slicer 1000 times over by changing the font, size (to be smallest size and it was unreadable), and the shape of slicer (heights width and scale of the buttons). I have many measure names like this... I have another column (a helper column) with the abbreviations for the measures (AMM, CWP, etc) but this was placed for an xlookup to pull up specific domain information for the measures. Even if I have to manually change each slicer label, that tip would be amazing. I'd appreciate any tips that can be given. I focused on getting the data right now it's just the aesthetics for presentation. I usually update something with the excel sheet and attach but the function is perfect, it's just not aesthetically pleasing (readable). I've reviewed many tutorials to see if there was a trick somewhere that I'm missing. Thank you anyone for your suggestions. I appreciate your time.

Edit: I would also like to add that the helper column was only to identify a specific portion of these measures that are listed- Not all measures have the abbreviations due to them not being a part of any specific domains (currently).

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Hello. I resolved this by adding a new column to my pivot table with abbreviations for the measures, and then added that to the filter section of my pivot tables for each dynamic chart. Now my abbreviation slicer controls all of my dynamic charts.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back